|Vanderbilt Commodores (8-8-2) vs. Florida Gators (4-11-3)|
|Sunday, Oct. 31 • 1 p.m.|
|Orange Beach Sportsplex|
|Orange Beach, Ala.|
At a Glance
- The defending SEC Tournament Champion Commodores tied for fifth in the regular season standings and enter the 2021 SEC Tournament as the seventh seed.
- Florida is the 10th seed.
- Vandy won last season’s SEC Tournament as the seventh seed.
- Vanderbilt won the tournament in 1993, 1994 and 2020.
Last Time Out
- Vanderbilt earned a 2-1 win over Georgia in the regular season finale on Oct. 28.
- Trailing 1-0 in the second half, Alex Kerr tied the game on a goal in the 59th minute.
- Freshman Quinn Cornog scored her first career goal in the 88th minute to win the game.
- For her effort, Cornog earned SEC Freshman of the Week – Vandy’s first weekly honor this season.
- Vanderbilt is 4-28-2 in the all-time series versus Florida.
- The Dores are 2-5-1 against the Gators under seventh-year head coach Darren Ambrose.
- In the regular season meeting between the two sides in Nashville, the game ended in a 0-0 tie despite Vandy outshooting the Gators by a 19-8 margin.
- This is the ninth meeting between the two sides in SEC Tournament play and first since 2018.
- Vandy is 0-8 against Florida SEC Tournament history.
Vandy in the SEC Tournament
- The Dores are 3-3-1 this season versus teams that make up the 2021 SEC Tournament field with victories over Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama.
- Vandy is making its 22 appearance in the SEC Tournament and is 21-18 all time in the tournament.
- Under seventh-year head coach Darren Ambrose, the Dores are 7-5 in SEC Tournament games.
- A win over Florida would propel the Dores into the SEC Quarterfinal versus second-seeded Tennessee on Tuesday in Orange Beach, Alabama.