|at Evansville (0-0-0)||at Purdue (0-0-0)|
|Thursday, Aug. 18 • 7 p.m.||Sunday, Aug. 21 • 12 p.m.|
|Evansville, Ind.||West Lafayette, Ind.|
|Watch: ESPN+||Watch: BTN+|
|Live Stats||Live Stats|
|Game Notes||Game Notes|
At a Glance
The Commodores open their 2022 season on the road at Evansville on Thursday.
The match is set for 7 p.m. at the Arad McCutchan Stadium.
Fifth-year student Brooke VanDyck returns to her homestate for the matchup. The South Bend, Indiana, native joined the team as a grad transfer from Notre Dame during the offseason.
All-time, the Commodores are undefeated against the Purple Aces, owning a 6-0-0 record. Two current Commodores scored in the home match against Evansville as Peyton Cutshall and Alex Kerr helped lead the team to a 4-0 victory.
In their latest meeting, Vanderbilt outshot visiting Evansville 27-1 (2019).
Last Time Out
- Vanderbilt concluded its preseason slate at Alabama last weekend. Kerr scored for the Commodores in the team’s second exhibition of the month.
- The Commodores fired five shots against the Crimson Tide in the preseason finale while Kate Devine recorded three saves in her 45 minutes played.
- Ella Shamburger and Abena Aidoo both played all 90 minutes on the pitch as the defensive duo stalled multiple Crimson Tide advances in the contest.
- Vanderbilt opened its preseason with a draw against UAB. The Commodores found success dominating the midfield and winning tight battles in all three parts of the pitch.
- The Commodores outshot the Blazers 14-2 in the contest, including nine total shots in the latter half of play.
- Splitting time in goal, both Sara Wojdelko and Devine registered a save in Monday’s contest.
- Fifth-year defender Shamburger spent all 90 minutes of the opening exhibition on the pitch for a team high. Fellow captain Maya Antoine recorded the second-most minutes on the field at 77.
- Vanderbilt opens its 2022 home slate Aug. 25 when it hosts Western Kentucky. Kickoff is set for 7 p.m. at the Vanderbilt Soccer Complex.