Vanderbilt Commodores (0-0) at
No. 2 Notre Dame Fighting Irish (0-0)
Feb. 13, 2021 • 11 a.m. CT • Loftus Sports Center
Notre Dame, Ind.
First Meeting: 3.19.97 (W 20-13 at Vanderbilt)
Last Meeting: 3.11.20 (L 6-16 at Vanderbilt)
Last Vanderbilt Win: 4.20.11 (W 12-10, OT at Vanderbilt)
Last Notre Dame Win: 3.11.20 (L 6-16 at Vanderbilt)
• Vanderbilt will travel to No. 2 Notre Dame to kick off the 2021 season.
• This is the 21st meeting between the Commodores and the Fighting Irish. Vanderbilt leads the all-time series 11-9.
• When played at Notre Dame the Fighting Irish lead the series 5-3.
• The Commodores fell by an 18-6 margin the last time these two met at Notre Dame in 2019.
• Vanderbilt has never met the Fighting Irish in a season opener.
• This is the third straight season in which these two schools are meeting on the lacrosse field.
• The Dores have won three straight season openers including both in the Beth Hewitt era.
• Never before has Vanderbilt opened a season against an opponent ranked in among the top two.
• Last time out Vanderbilt fell 16-6 to No. 2 Notre Dame on March 11 in what turned out to be the final game before the 202 season was canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
• Vanderbilt finished the shortened 2020 season with a 4-5 mark which included tilts against five ranked opponents.
• The 2021 season will see first meetings against five opponents: Colorado, Central Michigan, Mercer, High Point and new AAC foe Old Dominion.
• By season’s end the Dores will have traveled 4,732 miles roundtrip with five trips from West End to four states (Indiana, North Carolina, Ohio and Florida).
• The 2021 season features four opponents ranked in this season’s preseason IWLCA poll: No. 1 North Carolina, No. 2 Notre Dame, No. 8 Florida and No. 24 Colorado.
• Three of the top 25 matchups will be in the first four games.