MUNCIE, Ind. –
The Vanderbilt women's basketball team will close its two-game road swing at Ball State on Thursday at 6 p.m. Fans can watch on ESPN 3, follow live stats or listen to Charlie Mattos on WNSR 560 AM or 95.9 FM.
- The Commodores fell to Kansas State on Sunday in Manhattan, Kansas, 72-61.
- Mariella Fasoula led the Dores with 21 points. This was her third double-digit outing in a row.
- Cierra Walker also collected her third consecutive double-digit game with 19. Walker buried five from deep and was 4-for-4 from the charity stripe.
- Vanderbilt was led by LeaLea Carter on the boards with 11. This was her second consecutive 11+ rebound game.
- The Commodores have out-rebounded their last three opponents.
- Vanderbilt has not squared off against Ball State since the Commodores won, 89-70, in Muncie, Indiana during the 1986-87 season. This is the lone contest between the two teams.
- The Cardinals are led in points and rebounds by Oshlynn Brown with 11.5 and 7.9, respectively.
- BSU is led by Jasmin Samz in assists with 2.7 per game.
- Ball State has dropped five of its last six contests, most recently falling to in-state rival Butler, 64-47.
Vanderbilt returns to Memorial Gymnasium on December 15 to take on Central Michigan. Tip time is set for 5 p.m.