Vanderbilt (3-3, 0-2) at No. 1/2 Georgia (6-0, 3-0)
Saturday, Oct. 15 • 2:30 p.m. CT
Sanford Stadium • Athens, Ga. • SEC Network
• Vanderbilt is set to travel to Athens this weekeend to face No. 3 Georgia on the road. The contest marks the first of back-to-back road games for the Commodores, and Vandy’s first trip to Athens since 2018.
• The matchup with the Bulldogs pits Vandy against its third consecutive top-10 opponent. The Commodores are facing three top-10 foes for the first time since the AP poll was instituted in 1936.
• Vanderbilt is one of three teams in the nation to have faced two opponents ranked in the AP Top 10 at the time of the game. Texas A&M and Kent State have also faced two top-10 opponents this season.
• The Commodores have scored on all 21 trips to the red zone this season, converting for touchdowns on 17 of those opportunities. Vanderbilt is one of four teams in the FBS to have come away with points in every red zone opportunity (at least 20 red zone trips.)
• Senior running back Ray Davis eclipsed the 100-yard mark rushing for the second time this season against Ole Miss. He rushed for 105 yards on a season-high 27 carries, while adding one touchdown. Davis is averaging 84.5 rushing yards per game, which ranks fifth in the SEC.
• Freshman wide receiver Jayden McGowan recorded a strong performance against the Rebels. McGowan hauled in a season-high seven receptions for 104 yards with one touchdown. The Laurens, South Carolina, native currently ranks second among freshman receivers in the FBS in receiving yards per game.
• Freshman quarterback AJ Swann posted a stellar outing in his first career start at Northern Illinois. Swann finished 18-of-28 for 255 passing yards with four touchdowns. He became the second SEC true freshman quarterback to throw for at least four touchdowns in their first career start since 2002.
• Swann was named SEC Freshman of the Week for his efforts against the Huskies. He became the second Vanderbilt player to earn Freshman of the Week honors from the conference this season, joining Jayden McGowan. Entering the year, Vandy had won Freshman of the Week honors just four times since the award was instituted in 2005.
• The Dores picked up a pair of defensive touchdowns against the Rainbow Warriors, returning two fumbles for scores. It marked the first time that Vanderbilt has had multiple defensive scores since the Commodore defense scored twice against LSU on Sept. 21, 2019.
• Vanderbilt chose eight team captains for the 2022 campaign: Ethan Barr, Ben Bresnahan, Daevion Davis, Jaylen Mahoney, Elijah McAllister, Anfernee Orji, Gavin Schoenwald and Mike Wright. The captains were chosen by a vote of players and staff. Davis and McAllister serve as captains for the second consecutive year.