Vanderbilt Commodores (4-1)
LSU Tigers / No. 10 Texas A&M Aggies
LSU: Feb. 19, 2021 • 5 p.m. CT | A&M: Feb. 21, 2021 • Noon CT
- Turning its attention to SEC play, Vanderbilt will visit LSU on Friday evening before hosting No. 10 Texas A&M on Sunday at Currey Tennis Center at noon.
- Due to COVID-19 protocols and social distancing guidelines, fans are not permitted to attend Sunday’s match at Currey Tennis Center.
- Fans can follow the match via live stream, live scoring or on Twitter by following @VandyMTennis.
Climbing the Ladder
- Now in his 16th season as head coach of the Commodores, Ian Duvenhage earned his 200th victory at Vanderbilt this season with a 6-1 win over Lipscomb.
- Across his career with the Miami women, Florida men and Vanderbilt men, Duvenhage has amassed a career mark of 554-349 in 35 years as a head coach.
- To start the season, George Harwell is ranked No. 117 in the nation in the first Oracle/ITA rankings of the campaign.
- The Commodores welcomed Harwell, Max Freeman and Adam Sraberg back for their senior campaigns in 2021. Freeman and Harwell have been staples in the line for the program the last three years and the trio will help tutor newcomers Connor Robb-Wilcox and Jeremie Casabon.
- Vanderbilt also brings back juniors Macsen Sisam and Marcus Ferreira to go with sophomores Joubert Klopper and James Ignatowich.
- Splitting its final weekend of tune-up action against Illinois State and Memphis, the Commodores topped Illinois State 6-1 on Saturday before Memphis earned a 4-0 win on Sunday afternoon.
A Look Back at 2020
- A season ago, Vanderbilt posted a 7-6 record through 13 matches before the season was canceled due to COVID-19.
- Harwell led the way with a 10-3 dual-match singles record, including eight wins at No. 1.
- The Commodores went 5-2 at home a season ago with the only defeats a 4-2 loss to No. 21 Florida State and a conference defeat against Texas A&M.
On The Radar
- Back on the road in SEC play, the Commodores will visit Auburn on Friday before heading to Alabama on Sunday. Both matches are set for 1 p.m.