NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Vanderbilt travels to Florida for a three-game series between the No. 5 Commodores and No. 7 Gators beginning Friday. Game 1 is set for 4:30 p.m. CT on SEC Network. Game 2 on Saturday and Game 3 on Sunday will both air on SECN+.
SERIES PREVIEW: In a series that dates back to 1927, Vanderbilt and Florida will meet for the 225th time Friday in Gainesville.
- The Commodores trail in the all-time series but have won six of the past nine meetings.
- Vandy took two of three from the Gators last season in Nashville. All three games were decided by two runs or less.
LAST TIME OUT: Vanderbilt edged Louisville in 12 innings Tuesday night for a 12-8 win in the Battle of the Barrel.
- Vanderbilt and Louisville combined to use 21 pitchers in the contest.
- Enrique Bradfield Jr. singled home two runs to start a four-run inning in the 12th to help lead the Dores past the Cards.
- RJ Schreck worked a walk in the game to extend his on-base streak to a team-high 32 games.
- Freshman David Horn threw the final three innings to earn his second collegiate win. Despite the game-winning run reaching second base twice in the final three frames, Horn held Louisville scoreless to get the win.
- Davis Diaz homered and drove in four runs. Diaz is 7-for-16 (.438) with three extra-base hits and eight RBIs over the last four games.
Vandy vs. SEC Opponents: Vanderbilt is outscoring SEC opponents 181-117 this season.
- In SEC games, Vandy leads the league in batting average (.295), ERA (4.54), and fielding percentage (.985).
- RJ Schreck ranks second in batting average (.395), third in RBIs (36) and is tied for second in doubles (9).
- Enrique Bradfield Jr. has scored the third-most runs (31) and leads the league with 14 stolen bases and is third in walks (23) in SEC play.
SUPERB SOUTHPAWS: A trio of left-handed arms have anchored the Vanderbilt starting rotation this season. Carter Holton, Hunter Owen and Devin Futrell all rank in the top-11 in ERA among SEC pitchers.
- Futrell owns the second-best ERA (2.42) in the conference followed by Owen (3.16) in fifth and Holton (4.11) in 11th.
WATCH LISTS: Vanderbilt is well-represented on multiple award midseason watch lists.
- Enrique Bradfield Jr. and Carter Holton are two of 45 players named to the Golden Spikes Award Midseason Watch List.
- Jonathan Vastine is on the Brooks Wallace Award watch list, honoring the nation’s top shortstops.
- Devin Futrell is one of 61 pitchers on the College Baseball Foundation Pitcher of the Year watch list.
- Nick Maldonado is one of 56 pitchers named to the NCBWA Stopper of the Year Midseason Watch List.